The Lasagna

By Lizzy
age 5

Lasagna is yummy and all you do to make it is use sauce, noodles, cottage cheese, cheese and egg.  Lucy and I made lasagnas on Saturday because we had a lot of extra spaghetti sauce to use up.

It's super fun to make it with my big sister.


I like to wear an apron when I cook because it's really comfy and I like the bows in the back.
We are on chairs because there were not stools.  We are too short for the counter.



First, there is sauce in the bottom of the pan.  Then we put noodles on the sauce.  We don't have to cook the noodles because they get cooked inside when the lasagna is baked.


The cheese is very yummy when you put it in the lasagna.  In the cheese mix there is cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, egg, and parsley.  The parsley is very yummy when you put it in the lasagna.  We grew it out front and we dried it by hanging it on the wall between the dining room and family room.




We put sauce over the cheese mix.






We put a rubber band at the half of the jar so we could make sure we had half the sauce for the bottom and half for the top.



After we put on the sauce, we put mozzarella cheese on top of that and then parmesan cheese.


Then we do it all over again for the second layer.






We put parsley on the top.  I stuck a stem of the parsley on a piece of meat on the lasagna. 
(Mom is just learning this while she is telling this story and we are laughing!)






We are freezing the lasagnas so we can eat them later.

I am excited to eat them later!

Comments

  1. Oh, my! This looks so yummy! Elizabeth, I had no idea that you were such a great cook! I can just taste this dish because lasagna is one of my favorites. One day, I hope to try some of yours. I loved seeing you and your sister, Lucy, working together in the kitchen. I know there will be many, many more times that the two of you help one another to accomplish a task like this and you two will be great friends as sisters all of your life because you shared experiences like this. What you wrote and how you told your story was so well-written and told! I already knew you were a good storyteller because of times you've told me of other adventures you've had over at your farm. I look forward to your next one. So many good photographs, too! Love, Pop

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Cross-Stitch

Dog Sled