Reducing Energy

by James 
age 11

I am getting ready for a Boy Scout powwow and one of the requirements is to keep a fourteen day log that records what my family and I did to reduce energy use.


 About a week ago our dryer broke so we hung our clothes up to dry.




 We reduced  energy by line drying. Now our dryer is fixed we stil line dry to reduce energy use.


We hang the clothes with clothespins and clothesline in our family room by the wood stove.


The heat helps the clothes dry. I needed to do that for the powwow.


Comments

  1. When I was yo0ung and living in Ann Arbor, Michigan, that was the ONLY way to dry clothes. One bad thing was that our pet crow would land and take the clothes pins off the clothes and they would fall to the ground. Exasperated my mother a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great idea. So many ways to use your own energy to save electricity.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Lasagna

The Cross-Stitch

Dog Sled