The Cross-Stitch

By Lizzy
age 5


I love cross-stitching.  It's really fun.  

I learned how to cross-stitch from my momma.  Lucy was using the sewing machine so I couldn't use it.  My mom said that I could learn how to cross-stitch instead of using the sewing machine.

We went into the living room of our house and my mom taught me how to do it.

We just make an "x" with the string.  We put one line each box like this: /.  We counted the boxes on the pattern and put in the number of lines we needed.

Then, we make lines like this: \ all the way back.

This makes the "x" in each box.

I'm making a flower.  It's light pink and dark pink with yellow in the middle.

It's like coloring on fabric.


Comments

  1. What a wonderful talent you will have for all of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a fun and portable project. You can keep it with you to work on while you wait.
    It is good to have finished and show how you use your time. You can make gifts you to give others, too.
    Thank you to your clever mother for teaching you. She has been an exceptional cross-stitcher since she was a teenager. She has given away some of her most difficult projects as gifts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Lasagna

Dog Sled