Our Malamute Business

By Chase, age 13

Two years ago, James and I bought a female Malamute named Juneau to breed with our pet Malamute, Dakota. 
Juneau


Dakota

The first year, Juneau had three puppies but two of them died. Even though I'm kind of used to death living here, it made really sad because they were the first Malamute puppies we had ever had. 

When we sold the living one (who we named Tanana), Dad, James, and I decided that Dad would get two-thirds of the money because he owns Dakota and bought the food. James and I would get the other third because we own Juneau.

For the past year or so, we haven't gotten any puppies because Dakota is so old. 

We bought a new Malamute puppy for breeding a few days ago and he is so awesome!  He's a really friendly dog.
Kodiak
We named him Kodiak because it is a location, like Dakota and Juneau, and he is really big just like Kodiak bears are.  Plus, we can call him Kodi for short (one of Dakota's nicknames is Kota). James, Dad and I will now each get a third of the money from selling the puppies because James and I own both dogs and Dad buys the food.  It is our goal to someday buy our own food.

I'm excited because I love dogs. They are more like a friend than any other animal. It will also help me pay for my mission and college and anything else in my future.

Comments

  1. It's always good to have a reasonable plan. You are well-practiced at planning. Congratulations to you and your partners!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Lasagna

The Cross-Stitch

Dog Sled