Bubbles

            By Lucy

age 8


We had four bucklings born this week.  Two almost died.  We got them inside before
            they died.  That night the little one died. 


This is Bubbles and his brother

 The bigger one is still alive and ever since 
            he was born I have taken care of him.  So now he thinks I am his mom.  Every time
            he is hungry he calls and then I warm up the milk we get from his mom and feed it to him.  We named him Bubbles because he makes bubbles on his mouth



  When he is full
            he doesn't eat.  Now he can walk but he can't stand up on his own and so I have to
            help him every time he wants to get up.


 We spent three hours and we got him 

            walking in those three hours.  I am so happy he stayed alive.

I work with him on his strength.  He pushes against my hand with his head.



These are the other two that are happy in the barn

Comments

  1. Lucy, this is such a tender and heart-warming story. The way you nursed and cared for this little goat shows your compassion and willingness to sacrifice your time and energy to support a creature that can't do it on its own. I'm so proud of you! Also, I learned a new word from reading your story. I had to look it up on Google because I didn't know that a "buckling" was a male baby goat that is called that until it's castrated. Then it gets the title, "wether." I'm always learning something new...especially from my grandchildren! These are great pictures of you caring for Bubbles.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Lasagna

The Cross-Stitch

Dog Sled